Welcome to West Point
Mysteries and Histories: A Scavenger Hunt!
How it works
- Once you complete this form, you will be redirected to a page containing links to the clues for ten Points of Interest (POIs) located around post for you to find.
- At each POI location there will be a 18”x24” POI sign for you to locate. These signs contain interesting facts, anecdotes and even a few haunted stories about the particular location courtesy of the USMA History Department.
- Once you’ve located the POI sign, you will submit your proof that you found the POI sign. Specific instructions for providing your proof are contained in the links for each POI.
- Physically finding each POI is worth 5 entries into the drawing for prizes. If you are unable to physically go to the POI locations, you can simply submit the name of the location for 1 raffle entry. The more POIs you find, the greater your chance of winning!
- Keep an eye on our social media platforms throughout the week for chances to gain bonus entries!
- If you have children that would like to participate along with you, the page you will be redirected to after completing this form contains the Pine and Apple Message Decoder packet for you to download.
- To participate, print the “Pine and Apple Message Decoder” sheet for your kids to bring along on the hunt.
- At each POI there will be a simple riddle for your kids to solve and record their answer (potentially with your help) on the Message Decoder sheet.
- Once they have collected all 10 answers, they can decode their message from Pine and Apple on the “A Message from Pine and Apple” coloring page.
- In order to be entered into the drawing for the kids prizes, either take a picture or scan their completed “A Message from Pine and Apple” coloring page and email it to email@example.com. Please include your child(ren)’s name(s) in the email.
- Each letter on the “A Message from Pine and Apple” coloring page is worth one entry, so even if you don’t find all the POIs, still send it in! Coloring Pine and Apple (the pineapple characters on the coloring sheet) is worth two entries as well.
- This scavenger hunt is designed to allow you to complete it at your own pace. If you’d like to challenge yourself to try to complete all 10 POIs at once, you can! If you want to tackle it one POI at a time, that works too! The POIs can be done in any order, the numbering is just for identification purposes.
- All POIs are located in the general vicinity of a parking area. If you choose to drive to various POIs, please utilize these parking areas and do not block traffic.
- COVID Precautions: Please follow all Garrison social distancing and NPI guidelines while participating in this event. Garrison guidance for Halloween is groups of no more than 10 people, please comply with this guidance while participating in this event.
- Have fun and be safe!
Please read and acknowledge your agreement below.
In consideration of you accepting this entry, I, the participant, intending to be legally bound do hereby waive and forever release any and all rights and claims for damages or injuries that I may have against the West Point Spouses’ Club for any and all injuries to me or my personal property that may result from my participation in West Point Mysteries and Histories: A Scavenger Hunt.
I agree that my participation in this event is voluntary. I certify as a material condition to my being permitted to participate that I am physically able to participate in this activity.
I acknowledge that I am participating in a virtual scavenger hunt, and as such, I have total control over the date, time, place, and circumstances under which I choose to participate. I assume all risks associated with participating in this activity including, but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic, and course conditions, and waive any and all claims which I might have based on any of those and other risks typically found while participating in a scavenger hunt.